Parents Who Have Lost a Child to Drug Overdose Support Group
Hospice Volunteers of Hancock County announces a new support group for Parents Who Have Lost a Child to Drug Overdose. The group will be held Thursdays August 31 through October 5, from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. at the HVHC Ellsworth office. The group is free of charge but participants need to register at least a week in advance to allow time for group preparation. For more information, call Hospice Volunteers of Hancock County at 667-2531.
Losing a child to drug overdose can make you feel alone and in pain. Maybe you are thinking no one could possibly understand how you feel. If you have lost a child to drug overdose, you are not alone. There were 378 overdose deaths in Maine in 2016, that's an average of more than one overdose death per day throughout the state. This group will provide a safe, non-judgmental, confidential space to receive support, to share difficult emotions and to build connection.
Please join us for this initial offering supporting parents who have lost a child to drug overdose.
- Maine wardens looking for help in locating person(s) involved in shooting of an eagle
- Waltham wildfire quickly contained over the weekend
- Fire tears through Ellsworth woods Sunday
- Packard Road in Corinna blocked off at both ends
- All pets adopted at Bangor Humane Society
- Smashing cancer one pumpkin at a time
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle in Ellsworth
- Bangor police have arrested a two people following a rash of vehicle thefts
- Empty camp catches fire Friday morning
- Maine Forest Rangers busy fighting multiple fires
- One of Bangor's favorite restaurants is preparing for a second course
- UPDATE: Murder suspect deemed competent to stand trial in Massachusetts
- Rhode Island man arrested on robbery charges
- Large wild land fire reported in area of Stockton Springs
- Pittsfield apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Sen. King said he will remain an independent
- Night maze at Treworgy Family Orchard adds some Halloween fun
- Purple Pinkie Project helping to fight Polio across the globe
- Poliquin holds veteran advisory panel
- State of Maine to receive settlement from GM
- Reports: Marilyn Manson injured during New York concert
- Day care worker arrested after allegedly slapping toddler, police say
- Report: Mueller probe expands to Democratic lobbyist Tony Podesta's Russia dealings
- Mother of teen found in Long Island woods believe death was gang-related, report says
- Woody Allen's upcoming film includes adult-teen sex scene, says source
- Sheriff: Body of missing boy, 3, found in city water tank
- Sherin Mathews abandoned in India before alley abandonment that may have led to death
- Railcar hits garbage truck and derails in Poland; 16 injured
- Trump denies Army widow's claim he struggled to remember soldier's name
- Bergdahl sentencing will feature how desperate search changed 3 lives forever
- Katie Armiger says she was blacklisted from country music after sexual harassment allegations
- Trump knocks down reports of big 401(k) squeeze in GOP tax plan: 'NO change'
- Feds spend $174,792 taking pictures of food
- Jewish leader opposes Austrian right party in government
- Right-wing: Italian votes 'a lesson in democracy for Europe'
- Macron's dog pees on Elysee Palace fireplace as cameras roll
- EU prolongs sanctions against Burundi officials
- Japanese defense minister sounds alarm on North Korea
- Crikey! Steve Irwin's Family To Return To Animal Planet 11 Years After His Death
- Usher Sings Karaoke With Ludacris & Stevie Wonder At His 39th Birthday Party
- Julianne Hough & Brooks Laich Share Sweet Wedding Snaps From Their Ceremony
- Paul Wesley and Phoebe Tonkin Break Up After Four Years of Dating
- 'DWTS' Disney Week Is Rocked By Shocking Elimination
- Elton John Will End His Caesars Palace Residency Next Year
- Mel B Flaunts Her Fabulous Abs While On A Tropical Vacation – See The Pics!
- Molly Sims Shares Delicious Recipes From Her New Book 'Everyday Chic: My Secrets For Entertaining, Organizing, and Decorating at Home'
- Louis Tomlinson’s Son Freddie Looks Just Like Him — Check Out The Fan Reactions!
- Sources Say 'Suits' Star Meghan Markle Has Not Quit The Show Yet
- Ed Sheeran Wears a Cast After He Gets Hurt In London Bike Accident
- Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato Congratulate Joe Jonas On Engagement
- More prepared than ever, Dodgers ready for World Series
- Rams shutout Cardinals 33-0 in London
- Texas high school football player sets new state rushing record
- Pelicans hold off late Lakers rally for first win, 119-112
- World Series ticket prices surge ahead of Game 1 between Dodgers, Astros
- Elliott's 3 TDs, 219 yards lead Cowboys past 49ers 40-10
- Cardinals shut out by Rams, lose Palmer to broken arm
- Spurs, Raptors to put win streaks to test
- Saints recover late to topple Packers 26-17
- Hundley's first start ends in 26-17 loss to Saints
- Vikings pummel Ravens behind stifling defense, Forbath's leg
- Preview: Dolphins look for measure of revenge in rematch with Jets