- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 17118
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Cop taunts would-be killer with lube on way to prison: 'You are going to need a lot of this'
- Dog shoots hunter after another hunter leaves shotgun on ground
- UK defense chief says Russia poses risk to undersea cables
- Hungary's PM says EU leaders did 'battle' over migration
- Roman Catholic Church should end priest celibacy, report sex abuse: Aussie panel
- Lisa Loeb reflects on '90s success with 'Stay,' recording music for children
- Biggest celebrity social media mistakes of 2017
- Sophia Loren's love affair with Cary Grant, lasting marriage to husband Carlo Ponti explored in new book
- Kurtz: DC gossip spins out of control
- White House to push merit-based immigration in new campaign
- Romanian king's funeral sees family feuds in the spotlight
- Myanmar court sentences 4 family members for maid abuse
- Fox News @ Night - Thursday, December 14
- Firefighter dies, thousands more take on California blaze
- San Francisco couple gets back stolen car 4 months and 11K miles later
- Japan sends signal to North Korea by freezing company assets
- US special envoy backs unconditional talks with N. Korea
- Indonesia sentences gay club workers to 2 years in prison
- Jennifer Garner Reads The Newspaper To Her Pet Chicken Regina George – Watch!
- Rihanna, Sandra Bullock & Anne Hathaway Stun In New 'Oceans 8' Poster
- Maria Menounos Shares Her Recipes On Access Live
- Aaron Carter Reveals He's Ready To Be A Dad: 'I Want Kids So Bad'
- Brooklyn Beckham's New Tattoo Honors His Sibling – See The Pic!
- Brooklyn Beckham's New Tattoo Honors His Siblings – See The Pic!
- Gus Kenworthy, Steve-O & More To Star In YouTube Red Series 'Ultimate Expedition' (Exclusive)
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars' S3's Sickening New Promo Video Will Leave You Gagged
- Omarosa Manigault Denies That She Was Fired From The White House
- Tavis Smiley Releases Statement On PBS Investigation Of Misconduct
- Selena Gomez & Karlie Kloss Wish Taylor Swift A Happy Birthday
- Meet Season 13's 'The Voice' Finalists
- Titans QB Mariota listens to mom, apologizes for being 'rude' to reporters
- Blue Jackets hold off surge by Islanders to win 6-4
- LHP Jonny Venters among Rays' 13 non-roster spring training invitees
- Cards' Piscotty dealt to A's after mother diagnosed with ALS
- NBA reveals voting schedule for 2018 All-Star Game with new format
- Goff, Rams aim to measure up against Seahawks
- Jaguars' Paul Posluszny celebrates first winning season in his 11-year career
- Patriots looking to bounce back vs. Steelers
- Nick Foles is ready to replace Carson Wentz for Eagles
- New Orleans Saints fan vows team will 'pay' in lawsuit over national anthem protests
- Louisville countersues Pitino, saying fired coach cost school money
- Injury plagued Magic fall to Clippers